Monday, March 15, 2010

Meiner Mutter in Berlin!

I had the best weekend in Berlin with my mom and her friend Liz! I got to practice my tour guide skills by showing them monuments, buildings, and of course...stores!!
This is the Berlin Public Library.
Mom at an outdoor market.
At the Pergamon (for the second time) but this time I did the audio tour guide.
Mom and I on the steps of the Pergamon Alter.
The Ishtar Gate, entrance to Babylon
Amazed by the enormous gate...
This permanent exhibit couldn't be moved during WWII, and a section of the gate was destroyed by a bomb.
The beginning of the Return of the Gods exhibit in the Pergamon.
Mom's first German grilled bratwurst. She really enjoyed it...
Sie trinken das bier.
Mom and I in my apartment! I love Celsiusstrasse!!
In the Sony Center in Potsdamer Platz.
They had a hard time figuring out the public transportation...I had to yell across like three platforms for mom to get on the correct train haha
Mother-daughter time in Starbucks.
They liked the S Bahn because they don't have to ride it alllll the time
At the East Side Gallery, again.
At the beginning of the longest piece of the Berlin Wall still standing.
One of our favorite murals...
An homage to Picasso's La Guernica.


Remember this mural...
This is in East Berlin. Notice the TV tower in the background!

A Prussian bridge.

Their first Döner Kebab! Soooo delicious
At the Reichstag, right before the massive snowstorm hit.

Not only was there no visibility, but the snow completely covered the glass windows as well!
This was the cutest/strangest looking child EVER

Mom's first reaction to snow...it must run in the family!


Their hotel room! This is based off of the mural on the Berlin Wall.
Mom's last night. We had to get a good sampling of German beer!
Traditional German food: lots of beer, schnitzel, gemusestrudel, kartoffeln...
Last night in Potsdamer Platz. Thanks for coming mom! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment