Monday, February 1, 2010

Amsterdam

Last weekend we took a nine hour over-night bus ride to Amsterdam. We arrived at 4 in the morning (the bus was early) and carried our stuff around all day. I literally wore layers of all the clothes I brought for the weekend so that I didn't have to bring a suitcase.

We went on a Heineken factory tour that showed how they started, how they make beer, and where they are headed into the future. We got to taste the hops (gross!) and stir one of the big vats.

The Dutch are famous for their tulips and clogs. As much as I love shoes, these did not make the cut.
Group shot! We walked ALL over the city because we didn't want to pay for public transportation. We came to the conclusion that there isn't much to do in Amsterdam...
I bought this sweet hat...it's so warm!
This is me, Amanda, and Nicole in one of the downtown areas of Amsterdam. It's basically filled with tourists and old creepy men.

This was our hostel the second night, and it seemed like the Ritz compared to the first one. We had our own room, bathroom, and coffee machine! The first hostel was a room with nine bunk beds and huge locking bins to hold your stuff.
Amsterdam is a beautiful city, but kind of boring. I'm still glad I went though!

No comments:

Post a Comment